The Sacraments of Confirmation, Reconciliation and First Eucharist are celebrated annually within our Parish.
This page outlines the Sacramental Preparation Program for school age children wishing to receive these Sacraments. If you have left school and are interested in receiving the blessings these Sacraments bring, then please refer to the RCIA program.
Once baptised, the next step in full initiation into the faith is the following sacraments:
Preparation for each sacrament normally involves parents attending a series of Information nights and parents with their children attending workshops, practices and the sacraments themselves. These sessions are collaborations between the Parish Priest, Parish Volunteers, and Assistant Principal, Religious Education (APRE’s), supported by Parish Office staff. Regular weekend mass attendance with their families is also a critical part of each child's preparation. If your child is not able to understand and participate in the mass then they may be invited to join the program in the following year to give them more opportunity to prepare.
2019/2020 Sacramental Program - continuing with Sacrament of 1st Holy Eucharist
Eligibility: Child in Year 4 or above. Child has received Sacrament of Baptism and Confirmation. Dates for preparation for Sacrament of 1st Holy Eucharist in 2020 are -
* Parent Night - Mon 17 February, 7pm Sandgate (Compulsory for parent to attend)
* Documentation & Payment due Friday 24 February
* Workshop 1 - Sat 29 February, 3.30pm Brighton or Sun 1 March, 10.30am Sandgate (Parent to attend)
* Workshop 2 - Sat 7 March, 3.30pm Brighton or Sun 8 March, 10.30am Sandgate (Parent to attend)
Celebration of God's Mercy - Friday 13 March, Sacred Heart Church at 6.30pm
* Workshop 3 - Saturday 21 March, 3.30pm Brighton or Sun 22 March, 10.30am, Sandgate (Parent to attend)
* Practice - Fri 27 March - Sacred Heart Church - 3.30pm (Parents to attend)
* Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the Sacrament of 1st Holy Eucharist for children in Year 4 and above was postponed. Parents in the current program are invited back to an information session in Sacred Heart Church on Sunday 19 July at 10.30am. At this time, the children are to attend a workshop in the Sandgate Parish Hall.
The Sacrament of 1st Holy Eucharist will be celebrated over 2 Masses at 6pm and attendance is to be pre-booked. There will be restrictions on the number of family members able to attend. The options are -
Monday 27 July at Sacred Heart Church; or
Tuesday 28 July at Brighton Church
To keep informed of our programs we strongly suggest you 'like' our Sandgate Brighton Catholic Parish facebook page, and keep an eye on this website and on the weekly parish newsletters available when you and your family attend mass at either of our churches.
If you have any concerns or questions about the program please contact your schools APRE or the Parish Office on phone 3869 1377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sandgate Brighton Catholic Parish||
Confirmation, Reconciliation & first eucharist
Church of the Real Presence
9 Greenwood St, Brighton QLD 4017
Sacred Heart Church
118 Brighton Rd, Sandgate QLD 4017
23 Greenwood Street
Brighton, QLD, 4017
Phone: 07 3869 1377
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30am - 3:30pm
Join our newsletter mailing list: