The Sacraments of Confirmation, Reconciliation and First Eucharist are celebrated annually within our Parish.
This page outlines the Sacramental Preparation Program for school age children wishing to receive these Sacraments. If you have left school and are interested in receiving the blessings these Sacraments bring, then please refer to the RCIA program.
Once baptised, the next step in full initiation into the faith is the following sacraments:
Preparation for each sacrament normally involves parents attending a series of Information nights and parents with their children attending workshops, practices and the sacraments themselves. These sessions are collaborations between the Parish Priest, Parish Volunteers, and Assistant Principal, Religious Education (APRE’s), supported by Parish Office staff. Regular weekend mass attendance with their families is also a critical part of each child's preparation. If your child is not able to understand and participate in the mass then they may be invited to join the program in the following year to give them more opportunity to prepare.
2020/2022 Sacramental Program
Eligibility: Baptised child in Year 3 or above. The 1st Sacrament in this program is the Sacrament of Confirmation. Dates for preparation for Sacrament of Confirmation are -
* Parent Night - Mon 3 August or Thursday 6 August at 7pm in Sandgate Parish Hall. (Compulsory for parent to attend)
* Documentation & Payment due Friday 7 August
* Enrolment Mass (Compulsory) - Saturday 8 August, 5pm Brighton or Sunday 9 August, 9am Sandgate
Workshop dates will be confirmed at Parent Night. At least one parent is to attend each workshop with their child.
* Workshop 1 - Sat 15 August, 3.30pm Brighton Hall or Sunday 16 August, 10.30am Sandgate Hall
* Workshop 2 - Sat 22 August, 3.30pm Brighton Hall or Sunday 23 August, 10.30am Sandgate Hall
* Workshop 3 - Sat 29 August, 3.30pm Brighton Hall or Sunday 30 August, 10.30am Sandgate Hall
* Workshop 4 - Sat 5 Sept, 3.30pm Brighton Hall or Sunday 6 Sept, 10.30am Sandgate Hall
Practice - Friday 11 September, 3.30pm, Sandgate Church
Sacrament of Confirmation - Tuesday 15 September (2 sessions - 5.30pm or 7.00pm)
This program will continue with the Sacrament of 1st Holy Eucharist in 2021.
To keep informed of our programs we strongly suggest you 'like' our Sandgate Brighton Catholic Parish facebook page, and keep an eye on this website and on the weekly parish newsletters available when you and your family attend mass at either of our churches.
If you have any concerns or questions about the program please contact your schools APRE or the Parish Office on phone 3869 1377 or email email@example.com
|Sandgate Brighton Catholic Parish||
Confirmation, Reconciliation & first eucharist
Church of the Real Presence
9 Greenwood St, Brighton QLD 4017
Sacred Heart Church
118 Brighton Rd, Sandgate QLD 4017
23 Greenwood Street
Brighton, QLD, 4017
Phone: 07 3869 1377
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30am - 3:30pm
Join our newsletter mailing list: