Confirmation, Reconciliation and First Eucharist are celebrated annually within our Parish.
Formal preparation to receive Sacrament of 1st Holy Eucharist 2023 includes –
Expression of Interest form (available from Sacristan at weekend Mass) due by Friday, 14 April, 2023.
- 29 April, 5.30pm Mass Brighton; or
- 30 April, 9.00am Mass Sandgate
Formal Workshops – 4pm, Brighton Parish Hall, Greenwood St, Brighton
- 6 May, 13 May, 20 May, 27 May
Sacrament of 1st Reconciliation (1st Rite)
- Friday, 26 May 6.30pm in Sacred Heart Church
Sacrament of 1st Holy Eucharist (celebrated by Archbishop Mark Coleridge)
- Saturday 3 June 5.30pm Brighton
This page outlines the Sacramental Preparation Program for school age children wishing to receive these Sacraments. If you have left school and are interested in receiving the blessings these Sacraments bring, then please refer to the RCIA program.
Once baptised, the next step in full initiation into the faith is the following sacraments:
- Confirmation in the year your child turns eight
- First Eucharist (including 1st Rite Reconciliation) in the year your child turns nine
- Preparation for each sacrament normally involves parents attending a series of Information nights and parents with their children attending workshops, practices and the sacraments themselves. These sessions are collaborations between the Parish Priest, Parish Volunteers, and Assistant Principal, Religious Education (APRE’s), supported by Parish Office staff.
- Regular weekend mass attendance with their families is also a critical part of each child’s preparation. If your child is not able to understand and participate in the mass then they may be invited to join the program in the following year to give them more opportunity to prepare.
To keep informed of our programs we strongly suggest you ‘like’ our Sandgate Brighton Catholic Parish facebook page, and keep an eye on this website and on the weekly parish newsletters available when you and your family attend mass at either of our churches.
If you have any concerns or questions about the program please contact your schools APRE or the Parish Office on phone 3869 1377 or email email@example.com